Race rules are designed to provide a safe and fair experience for everyone involved and to help ensure our ability to produce the race again next year. Major rule infractions by racers will result in immediate disqualification.
Course Cut Off
- The half marathon course cut off is 5:30 hours at 12:30 pm.
Bib Numbers and Check in
- Race morning check in closes at 6:45am. The race will start promptly at 7am and any runners who have not checked in on time will not be officially entered into the race.
- Bib number must be worn in the front for ease of volunteers to track runners.
- If you need to drop out of the race for any reason, you must check out with the nearest aid station or course volunteer. If you do not inform us that you have dropped, we will assume that you are lost on the course.
- There will be no water cups at the aid stations. Bottles can be filled at aid stations. Please do not stash bottles along the course.
No Headphones or iPods
- Per our insurance policy, we are required to ask you not to use headphones during the race.
No Trekking Poles
- Littering is prohibited and will result in an immediate disqualification. Any litter left on the course may jeopardize our ability to continue to host events on public trail systems. Carry garbage to aid stations and dispose of trash in proper garbage containers or hand garbage to a volunteer.
Stay on the Trail
- No bushwhacking or short cutting. Do not leave the trail when passing other runners. In case we have wet trail conditions, please run through any muddy sections to avoid widening the trail and causing further erosion.
Yield to Pedestrians and Horses
- The trail system will be open to the public during the race. Pedestrians and Horses always have the right of way. Please be courteous and respect other people on the trail system.
- Mountain bikers must yield to runners but for your own safety, please watch for blind corners and be careful when passing bikers and allow bikers space to pass.
Yield to Faster Runners
- Step aside to allow faster runners to pass.
No Dogs on Course
- Dogs are welcome on leash with family and friends at the start/finish area, but we ask that you not run with your dog on trail during the race.
- Toilets will be available at the start and finish area, Timber trailhead, and Arthur’s Rock trailhead. Please use these facilities rather than nature call areas.
- Please do not leave any valuables at the start/finish or aid stations. Volunteers are not responsible for returning items left behind at aid stations. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.