- Start: Lory State Park, Eltuck Picnic Area
- Distance: 5k – 12k
- August 6: Valley 5k
- August 13: Valley 12k
- August 20: Hilly 10k
- August 27: Hilly 5k
- Time: 6:00pm
- Cost: No registration fee; $10 suggested donation
Join us this August for a fun series of shorter midweek trail races. Our goal is to offer a fun, low-key series of races designed to give newer trail runners an opportunity to dip their toes into the trail racing waters, and to offer more experienced trail racers a chance to sharpen their speed on shorter, quicker courses.
All races will start at 6:00pm, ranging in distance from 5k to 12k. The races will be timed, with registration on the day only. Registration will begin at 5:00pm. To make the races as accessible as possible, registration fees will be on a donation, pay-what-you-can basis with a suggested $10 donation to help cover costs.
Race dates and distance are as follows:
- August 6: Flat and Fast Eltuck Valley 5k (250′ elevation gain)
- August 13: Flat and Fast Eltuck Valley 12k (500′ elevation gain)
- August 20: Into the Hills Eltuck 10k (1,700′ elevation gain)
- August 27: Into the Hills Eltuck 5k (700′ elevation gain)
Series Standings (View Google Doc)
- Points are awarded in the male and female divisions for each race on a scale of 25 down to 5. The winner of each race scores 25 points, second place 24 points, third place 23 points, and so on down to a minimum of 5 points for all finishers regardless of placement.
- Points are accumulated across the four race series, with something truly fabulous being awarded to the podium finishers in each division.