We are very happy to announce that the Quad Rock 50mi/25mi has provisional approval from the Larimer County Department of Public Health, Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain Park! The approval is contingent on pandemic requirements remaining at (or improving from) their current levels of restrictiveness. Help keep the curve flattened!
Many thanks to innumerable friends and resources who helped craft a plan where the event can safely happen.
There’s a lot to communicate. Whether you are a runner, volunteer, pacer or crew – we need you to read it all – before you come to the race – including our full list of safety protocols and race changes.
As the pandemic continues to evolve, there is a strong chance some of these protocols will too. We promise to communicate any changes via email, social media and our website – but it is ultimately your responsibility to read, understand and follow the full list.
Here is a summary of the main points:
- ALL participants (runners & volunteers) are required to:
- Sign a COVID-specific waiver
- Wear a mask at all times, except when 1) running 2) eating/drinking
- Have a contactless Temperature Check upon arrival. Those with temperatures above 100.4F will be required to leave
- Limited Menu & Service at Aid Stations
- Drop Bags available at all Aid Stations
- (Towers/Horsetooth must be dropped off Friday night; Towers is strongly discouraged and only in place for runners with significant special needs)
- Crew and Spectators Strongly Discouraged
- Wave Starts & Earlier Overall Start Times
- No Awards Ceremony, Food/Drinks-To-Go
We all look forward to a fun, relaxed atmosphere celebrating a return to racing, yet we all also know things will be different. Our approval to hold this race is contingent on following safety protocols submitted to and approved by the Larimer County Department of Health , and we appreciate you playing your part. Those not cooperating will be asked to leave and could be subject to disqualification. We really don’t want to have to do that, so let’s all play by the rules and continue to gain trust as a responsible user group.
If you feel unsafe taking part with the protocols we’ve put in place, or this year’s race experience will not be fulfilling for you, we encourage you to defer. 100% credit transfer to 2021 will remain open for another week, through the end of the day on July 14, after which point our normal deferral policies will resume.
We are reducing our field size. The 50mi is limited to 150 runners and the 25mi to 200 runners. Runners on the wait lists as of July 6 can expect to receive an entry invitation. Further opening of entries is TBD.
As ultrarunners ourselves, we are doing our best to strike a balance between a fulfilling race experience and ensuring we can manage risks to your health and safety. Please contact us any time with questions.
Brad Bishop & Nick Clark
P.S. Wash your hands