All information relevant to the event is available online here but here are a few final details and reminders.
- Weather: Last year it was HOT, but this year things are looking a little more favorable. Currently, we’re looking at an overnight low of 50 and a race-day high of 70 with a good chance of rain in the afternoon, which means race morning should be just about perfect.
- Nonetheless, please make sure you have adequate carrying capacity for your hydration needs between aid stations. We ask that all runners carry a water bottle or hydration pack. The three aid stations will be stocked with water, Tailwind sports drink, Succeed S-Caps, snacks, and fruit (Arthurs only).
- Packet and bib pickup will be available on Friday afternoon from 4pm to 7pm at Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists located at: 115 E Harmony Rd., Ste. 160, Fort Collins, CO 80525 (southeast corner of College and Harmony).
- Packet pickup will also be available on race morning from 5:30am to 6:45am.
Late registration (cash & check only) will be available on Friday at packet pick up and on race morning.
- The race will start promptly at 7:00am. The pre-race briefing will be at 6:45am. Please give yourselves an extra 10-15min to get parked and over to the start. Late arrivals may need to walk up to a mile to the start. If you arrive late, you will start late and finish results will be based on the starting gun time.
- Parking at the Soldier Canyon start/finish area (limited to 50-60 cars) is reserved for carpools of two or more racers. All other cars will be directed to park on the Lodgepole loop road or Timber trailhead lot. If you can, please arrange a carpool with friends. Please feel free to post to the Ft Collins Trail Runners list to find people to carpool with.
- Parking passes will be handed out at the park entrance when you arrive.
- Bibs must be visible from the front. Do not remove your pull tag.
- As a courtesy to other runners on the trail (and per the terms of our insurance policy), we ask that you not wear headphones.
- Dogs are welcome on leash with family and friends at the start/finish area, but we ask that you not run with your dog on trail during the race.
- Please pocket any trash and dispose of it at aid stations or at the start/finish.
- Trails are open to the public. Watch for bikers and yield to horses.
- We will have a free 1km kids race/run beginning at 10:30 from the start/finish area.
- We have a great BBQ planned with burgers, veggie burgers, a Whole Foods quinoa salad, Great Harvest cookies and cinnamon buns, chips, fruit, soda, and a couple of kegs from Boulder Beer that meets 3.2% State Park regulations. First beer is free with the BBQ, for additional beers we ask that you make a donation ($3 suggested) to Animal House, one of the race beneficiaries. Additional meals can also be purchased at the BBQ for family and friends for a $10 donation to Animal House. Please bring id if you want a post-race beer.
- Altra Zero Drop will be demoing shoes for runners to try out after the race, and we’ll be giving away a pair to our top male and female finishers.
- In addition to finishers awards and T-shirts, we will also be giving out unique overall and age group awards to the top three (male and female) in the following categories: overall, under 40, masters (40 – 49), and grandmasters (50+). We also have Runners Roost gift cards for all award winners.
- We’ll have some other gear and goodies to raffle off during and after the awards.
- Massage and PT work will be available after the race courtesy of Kristel Liddle LMT (massage) and Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists.
Thank you to Colorado Physical Specialists, Justin Liddle DMD, Cornerstone Home Lending, Altra Running, Countryside Animal Hospital and the Fort Collins Running Club for their support in helping us make this event possible. Thank you also to all our wonderful product supporters.
If you have questions that are not answered here or on the website, then please email. We will do our level best to respond in a timely manner.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you all on Saturday morning!
Nick Clark & Pete Stevenson (GnarRunners, LLC)
How many people were being there to took part in this race???
Results are posted online here:
We had 279 finishers in 2014.