Preparations for the 2016 season are well underway here at race HQ. We’ve got dates and a few news items to share for the 2016 Gnar Runners Race Series, which this year will be hosted in partnership with the generous support of Salomon Running.
Registration for all Gnar Trail Races opens on December 15th, 2015.
Dates for the 2016 Trail Races
- May 14, 2016: Quad Rock 25 & 50 Mile Trail Races
– Registration Cap: 400 runners
– 50 Mile Early Entry: $85 (same bargain pricing as the very first year).
– Location: Lory State Park & Horsetooth Mountain Park, Fort Collins, CO
– New This Year: Separate 25 & 50 mile start times
- July 23, 2016: Never Summer 100km
– Registration Cap: 330 runners
– Early Entry Fee: $160
– Location: State Forest State Park, Gould CO
– New This Year: Qualifier for the 2017 Western States 100
- September 10, 2016: Black Squirrel Trail Half Marathon
– Registration Cap: 350 runners
– Early Entry Fee: $55
– Location: Lory State Park, Fort Collins, CO
– New This Year: Registration opens Dec. 15
- October 2, 2016: Blue Sky Trail Marathon
– Race Cap: 275 runners
– Early Entry Fee: $55
– Location: Horsetooth Mountain Park, Fort Collins Co
– New This Year: Record-low early entry fee
What’s New for 2016?
The 2016 running of the Quad Rock Trail Races will have two separate starts. The 50 miler will start as always with first light at 5:30, while the 25 mile race will start at 8:00. This should make the race check in and parking much easier and make for a larger, more social post-race BBQ.
The registration cap for the Never Summer 100km in July has been increased to 330 runners. Next year’s race will also serve as a qualifying event for the 2017 Western States 100.
We do roads too! We are incredibly honored and excited to be managing the 43rd running of the Horsetooth Half Marathon in April. The Horsetooth Half is an iconic point-to-point Fort Collins road race that hugs the eastern shoreline of Horsetooth Reservoir, navigating the challenging hills of Centennial Drive, before heading into the finish and a raucous party at New Belgium Brewing. The beer will be flowing until the last person leaves, so if you’re looking for a spring sharpener we suggest you look no further.
As always, we seek to offer the best bang for the buck that we possibly can, without scrimping on any of the things that make Gnar Runner events the top-shelf experiences that you’ve come to expect. In that spirit, we’ve maintained first-year pricing for the Quad Rock 50, which at $85 continues to represent great value. And get this: we’ve dropped the early entry fee for the Blue Sky Trail Marathon to $55, the lowest it has ever been in the nine-year history of the event. This is our end of season party and we really want you to come celebrate with us.
Part of the reason we’re able to offer such great value for all our races is because we’ve worked tirelessly to partner with quality sponsors that share our vision for well-managed, yet affordable events. This year we are incredibly excited to be partnering with Salomon Running, one of the greatest innovators in the sport. We’ll be offering special Salomon shoe deals with retail partner Altitude Running at all pre-race packet pickups. We’ll also be offering the opportunity to demo Salomon kicks at training runs and at race-day expos.
We’ll have other exciting sponsor deals to promote as the season gets underway, in addition to tons of sponsor swag to give out during the BBQ awards and raffle at each and every race.
We’re incredibly excited for the 2016 season, and we can’t wait to welcome you to one, or perhaps all of our running events.
Be Gnarful out there!