All information relevant to the event is available online here but here are a few final reminders.
First and foremost, it’s going to be a HOT day. All runners will need to start with at least one bottle. Slower runners may need 2 bottles or a hydration pack.
Aid stations will be stocked with plenty of water, ice, and Succeed S-Caps. We have provided a very generous cut off to finish the race so please pace yourself in the heat, stay hydrated, and enjoy the race.
- Packet and bib pickup will be available on Friday from 4pm to 7pm at Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists. COLPTS is located at: 115 E Harmony Rd., Ste. 160, Fort Collins, CO 80525 (southeast corner of College and Harmony).
- Packet pick up will also be available on race morning from 6:30am to 7:45am. Late registration (cash & check only) will be available on Friday at packet pick up and on race morning.
- The race will start promptly at 8:00am.
- Parking at the Soldier Canyon start/finish area (limited to 50-60 cars) is reserved for carpools. All other cars will be directed to park on the Lodgepole loop road or Timber trailhead lot.
- This a cup-less race. We ask that all runners carry a water bottle for refills at the aid stations. It will be hot on race morning.
- The three aid stations will have water, Succeed Ultra sports drink, and assorted snacks and fruit.
- Bibs must be visible from the front.
- As a courtesy to other runners on the trail (and per the terms of our insurance policy), we ask that you not wear headphones.
- Dogs are welcome on leash with family and friends at the start/finish area, but we ask that you not run with your dog on trail during the race.
- Please pocket any trash and dispose of it at aid stations or at the start finish.
- Trails are open to the public. Watch for bikers and yield to horses.
- We will have a short kids race/run (no more than a mile, but more than half a mile) beginning at 11:00 from the start/finish area.
- We have a great BBQ planned with burgers, black bean burgers, vegan salads, cookies, chips, IZZE soda, and a couple of kegs of locally (Boulder) brewed beer that meets 3.2% State Park regulations. First beer is free with the BBQ, for additional beers we ask that you make a donation ($3 suggested) to Animal House, one of the race beneficiaries. Additional meals can also be purchased at the BBQ for family and friends for a $10 donation to Animal House.
- Please bring id if you want a post-race beer.
- In addition to finishers awards, we have unique overall and age group awards (Open: under 40, outside top three; Masters: 40 and older outside top three). We also have gift cards to Runners Roost Fort Collins for all award winners.
If you have questions that are not answered here or on the website, then please email. We will do our level best to respond in a timely manner.
We sincerely look forward to seeing you all on Saturday morning!
Nick Clark & Pete Stevenson (GnarRunners, LLC)