Live GPS Tracking through MAProgress
SHARE YOUR RACE IN REAL TIME WITH THE FOLKS THAT MATTER TO YOU.
Gnar Runners has partnered with MAProgress to offer runners an option for live GPS tracking at the Never Summer 100K.
Share your race in real time with the folks that matter to you. They can see how you’re tracking on the course and be part of your adventure while not having to run beside you.
HOW IT WORKS
The tracker comes in a supplied pouch which attaches to your shoulder strap. This whole system weighs only 3.5 ounces so you’ll hardly notice it. Throughout the race your location will be loaded onto an online map in real time.
- View on your smartphone, tablet or computer
- View in 3D with Google Earth – your friends and family will feel like they’re running right beside you!
- Viewers can see your location on the route, your position in relation to other competitors, elevation profile graphs and your current speed
- There are many statistics available including route distance, speed comparisons to other participants, ascent etc
- Support crew can see when you are due at your next aid station**
- Replay the race after you’ve crossed the finish line – this is a great way to reflect on your race and share your experience with friends and family from a new perspective
- Safety – in the event of an emergency you can notify race organizers for quick evacuation or other assistance
- Spot GPS rental and live tracking service fee is $55 through 5/31. $60 after 6/1.
- Register for the Maprogress GPS Tracking service online here.
***Sign up deadline is 7/19***
- A Maprogress representative will deliver your GPS unit at Friday packet pickup.
- Friends and family will be able to follow your progress online here:
**Crews and spectators on course at the Never Summer 100K may not be able to access the online maps from all locations. Limited Verizon data service is available at the start/finish, Clear Lake trailhead, and near the park entrance. A 10-25min drive towards Walden may be necessary to get a reliable connection to check on your runner progress at the race.