Quad Rock 50/25mi Postponed to August 15

After the latest round of data and recommendations from public health agencies, we have decided in partnership with our permitting partners at Lory State Park and Horsetooth Mountain Park that the best course of action is to postpone the date of the 2020 Quad Rock 50/25mi to August 15.

On Monday, Colorado Governor Jared Polis issued an extension of the current state-wide stay-at-home order until April 26. While we agree with his optimism that life can begin returning to normal past that date, we feel that we can neither adequately prepare for Quad Rock in that shortened window nor safely conduct the event on its originally scheduled date of May 9.

With help from learned friends, we understand the latest data trends from the CDC indicate that by late summer events like Quad Rock could proceed safely. We will continue monitoring the situation, and implement safety procedures as necessary. Depending on the transfer rate, we may explore adding an additional shorter distance on race day. 

Registered runners have four options:

  1. Stay registered for Quad Rock 2020 on August 15 (No Action Required)
  2. Receive 100% transfer credit toward Quad Rock 2021 (Email Required
  3. Receive 75% transfer credit toward any of our other 2020/21 events (Email Required)
  4. Run a Virtual Quad Rock during the month of May, practicing appropriate social distancing, and receive finisher race swag (Email Required

Registered runners, please email registration@gnarrunners.com if you’d like to take advantage of one of the transfer credit options or complete the race as a virtual run. If you wish to stay registered for August, no response is necessary.

Transfers, please reply by June 1. We will return to our normal registration policy after that date. Virtual runners, please reply by May 1. We will begin extending invitations to runners on the waitlist May 1. If the August postponement date becomes non-viable due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the above transfer & virtual options will be extended until September 1.

Again, thank you to all our runners, volunteers, crews and community for your patience as we navigate these unknowns. We are thinking of you each day. Stay safe, and we’ll see you on the other side.

Brad Bishop & Nick Clark
Gnar Runners

P.S. Wash your hands

Share

4 thoughts on “Quad Rock 50/25mi Postponed to August 15

    • Right now we are awaiting the next round of updates from the government, which should be this coming week. We should have an update out the 1st week of June, and remain cautiously optimistic the race will happen.

      • So I was injured and didn’t think I would be able to race, thus, I didn’t sign up in time. With the date pushed back is there a chance of registering for this still?

        • Yes, if/once we have confirmation the race is good to go, we will re-open registration. Folks on the wait list at that time will get first priority, and if there are still spots left after they have all been given a chance, we will open registration publicly. Your best bet is to go ahead & register for the wait list. There’s no charge, you’ll be a priority invite, and you’ll still have the option to accept/decline once the invitation comes your way.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *